CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Rest of the Story

I suppose I should finish telling you about my blind date to Settebello's. When I left off last time I had just arrived at the restaurant. It was a weekend night and it was packed. I arrived before my date (I can't even remember his name anymore) so I figured I would put my name on the list to be seated. I didn't think it made any sense to wait until he got there to get on the list. I waited for a while, and they were ready to seat us. Only my date had still not arrived! He was a few minutes late and I was not sure what to do. I hated to be put back on the end of the list, especially with how crowded it was. Luckily the table they had for us had a perfect view of the entrance. That way I could still get us a table and see when he arrived. I ordered myself a water and waited, and waited some more, and continued waiting, still no date! He was now at least 30 minutes late! I didn't have his number, and could not call him to see where he was or if he was coming. Here I was sitting at a table clearly set for two, waiting for a date that I now realized was not going to show up. I was so embarrassed, and figured I had two options; 1) I could slink out of the restaurant and hope nobody noticed I had left or 2) I could order myself a pizza and enjoy the evening on my own. So I did what any self respecting girl would do! I ordered myself a pizza and enjoyed every bite of it! That was my first and hopefully only experience being stood up. Although I never want to go through that again, it does make for a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment